Sunday, April 6, 2014

April 6 Blog Post

So today I Johan a youth group( church meeting) about a missions trip that I am going to this summer to Puerto Rico. I am super duper excited and I can't wait. One of the things my youth director wants us to do for homework is to learn our favorite bible verse in Spanish( native language of Puerto Rico). So i thought that while I'm at it, I could also learn how to sign my favorite bible verse in ASL. So the verse is:
Philippians 4:13 for I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
  After researching, the Spanish translation is: 

So know I can tell the children there my favorite bible verse in Spanish woohoo!
Now I will look up how to sign Philippians 4:13 in ASL: 
Well this is the URL cause I couldn't figure out how to attach a video 

Thanks for reading today! 
Gennie


1 comment:

  1. Hi Gennie,
    First off I want to say I hope you have an amazing time on your trip this summer. It will be a great opportunity! It was a great idea to learn your favorite bible verse in Sign Language. Now you will be able to teach children in multiple languages your favorite verse. As a side note from my experience my student's love learning sign language. They think it's so much fun to say a word just from using their hands. So I hope you get this same experience when you teach children your verse in Sign Language.
    Hope you have a great rest of your week!
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete