Sunday, March 23, 2014

Recap

In class on Friday we had one minute presentations to show our progress throughout the year and we will continue those presentations Monday. So for this blog post I decided I would talk about what I am going  to say when it's my turn t speak.

This year I haven't done exactly what I have wanted. I have learned that ASL is bigger that it is made out to be. It's a language and it's just as serious as Spanish or English because it connects those who are deaf to the outside world. There are so many people that wouldn't be able to communicate otherwise. When i started this project I didn't think it would be such a task. I'm glad I did it though. I have learned how you really have to persevere in the real world. You have to constantly work and you have to really want something in order to reach your goal. I have learned the alphabet and a lot of vocabulary which is nice to know, but I'm sad to say I won't be able to complete my goal. It's difficult to do this all by myself especially when I have no connection to ASL or no time to take classes or lessons from people who do know it. There were a lot of setbacks in this project, but I don't feel like I have completely failed. I feel like I have learned a lot from this project alone, and it has shown me the dedication I need to have in order to complete hints like this in the future.

Gennie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gennie,
    Your presentation sounds great! You have really learned a lot even though I know you feel like you haven't. Learning a language isn't easy, so I'm glad you picked a real challenge for yourself. I hope it went really well for you.
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete